Wol:
> How do I find out what mimetypes are associated with an application?
> Going the other way is a simple "System Settings" options, except that
> (a) I don't have a clue what half these mimetypes are, and (b) I don't
> fancy going through ALL of them one by one looking for the program in
> question. Oh - and I searched the web which kindly pointed me to the
> config file .local/share/applications/defaults.list - except it doesn't
> exist ...
>
> All I want to do is find out what extensions Kate has tagged itself onto
> - what it thinks it's going to do with a dot-iso I *do* not know!

Don't know about Kate, but there is a file /etc/mailcap on my system,
see mailcap(4) [1] for details.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

[1] "mailcap(4)" is a shorthand to indicate that there is a man page
about it in section 4, type "man mailcap" in a terminal to see it.

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148
S-742 94 Östhammar
Sweden