Here is the original post, my email provider was kind enough to put it in my
spam folder.  i've included the address info etc., please forgive my iffy email
provider (iffy for features, otherwise solid).

/Begin original post

                        From

                                                                    Alan Grimes
<alonz...@verizon.net <mailto:alonz...@verizon.net>>

        Su 29. Jul 14:41

        Sender

gentoo-user+bounces-184518-mad.scientist.at.large=tutanota....@lists.gentoo.org
<mailto:gentoo-user+bounces-184518-mad.scientist.at.large=tutanota....@lists.gentoo.org>

                            gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
<mailto:gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>

                                                       Bcc

       Me <mad.scientist.at.la...@tutanota.com
<mailto:mad.scientist.at.la...@tutanota.com>>

        ReplyTo

gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org <mailto:gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>

[gentoo-user] =|

Look, this system was installed when I went 64 bit back in 2010...

I put a great deal more work than I should into keeping it running.

I use Eclean-dist every time to purge dead packages. I've learned that
this is a very important step, often more important than the actual
update step...

I just went through my use flags and removed about a dozen of them that
have since been deprecated...

My package.mask and package.use are both very minimal. I run
emptytree-world on every significant compiler upgrade.

I'm running an emptytree world today because the system has been through
a lot of torture over the past week.

If there is anything "janky" or hacky in my setup it's for exactly one
reason: It was the first solution I found to a real actual problem I was
dealing with at the time after up to two weeks of desperately searching.
I take great offence to anyone who tells me that it's MY fault. =|

--
Please report bounces from this address to a...@numentics.com
<mailto:a...@numentics.com>

"We kill when we close our eyes to poverty, affliction or infamy. We kill when,
because it is easier, we countenance or pretend to approve of atrophied social,
political, educational and religious institutions instead of resolutely
combating them."
- Hesse