On 9/2/18 7:43 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Today I upgraded dovecot on my local server from 2.2.34 to 2.3.2.1. On
> restarting dovecot I got this:
>
> # /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
> doveconf: Warning: please set ssl_dh=</etc/dovecot/dh.pem
> doveconf: Warning: You can generate it with: dd
> if=/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat bs=1 skip=88 | openssl dhparam -inform
> der > /etc/dovecot/dh.pem
>
> The second warning was spot-on, but what the first warning ought to have
> said is "Uncomment the line #ssl_dh = </etc/dovecot/dh.pem in
> /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf."
>
> It took a bit of head-scratching to work that out. i just wanted to help
> others doing this upgrade.

There was also at least one case mentioned on IRC where not setting
'postmaster_address' to a full valid address ("postmas...@domain.tld")
caused sieve filtering to fail. In this particular case it was set to
'postmaster@'.

Whether this was the extent of the symptom or not is unclear - it may
have halted the lda altogether.

--
Sam Jorna (wraeth)
GnuPG ID: D6180C26