On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To me it looks like youtubers and some sites trying to make money through
> clickbait?

If you had not heard of it elsewhere the Linux code of conduct was
amended. It makes the CoC similar to those of other projects where
there are a number of (usually nontechnical) contributors who identify
as a champion of social justice.

The second link is not horrible, but I think is badly formatted. Here
is a picture for you:
https://4bds6hergc-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/croraline-meritocracy.jpg.

The last link is actually very informative. I would recommend reading
it. Some contributors have apparently threatened to revoke the license
to their code which is now in Linux.

My personal opinion is that generally these CoC documents do not do
what they set out to do. Even without a contributor agreement people
can be and are ejected from projects for any reason. However, the
particular entourage that follows these CoCs can be harmful for a
community due to the regularity they find offense with other people.
You find under the "SJW" label people who think a man accused of rape
has no legal rights, etc... So CoC violations tend to devolve into
witchhunts.

My personal experience was that I was not really able to go to school
because of my gender. I am male. I had female classmates with worse
grades than I did that had school completely paid for due to
scholarships. If I tried to say this to some people they would blow up
in my face because of my race and gender, but would claim they are not
racist or sexist.

It is fine to say not everyone is like that, but trying to divorce a
movement from its most vocal subgroups is the
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman.

Cheers,
    R0b0t1