On 9/25/18 10:05 AM, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> Thanks Dale and Michael, that was exactly I was searching for. (I think.
> ;-)
>
> Am Di den 25. Sep 2018 um 15:00 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
>> On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 14:25:50 BST Klaus Ethgen wrote:
>
>>> Is there an option to set -j1 just for firefox package? (and rust, that
>>> has the same problem)?
>
>> As Dale and Michael said, but you may find -j2 acceptable; It's what I use
>> for
>> everything here.
>
> No. Firefox and Rust is such a beast. It kills my machine even with -j2.
>
> Regards
>    Klaus

Memory may be your issue. A wide variety of places to look at::
ebuild
kernel
userland

I'd suggest you start with reading up on 'jemalloc' as a place to start.
Hopefully other will 'chime in' on debugging/controlling memory
constrained systems and large memory requirements on older/limited
resources.

hth,
James