=\

Because each update basically rebuilds the same three or four
super-packages (libreoffice, chromium, the kde collection, etc) all of
which are version bumped every 12 milliseconds just to annoy ppl like
me, and because I had such a Good Time (tm) last SEVERAL times I tried
to update, I decided to put it off for six months....

Well later that day X'doze crashes after an uptime of about 30 days...
(So I updated, there were problems but nothing worse than par...)

Also, I realize that Linux is going to go through a Dark Age and
probably be destroyed and re-built several times before emerging again
as a usable operating system, I am going to be climbing up from my
previous freeze at 4.15 to 4.18 which I will probably have to nurse
through 5-6 years of war and upheval...

(I am currently on 4.16, will try to go to 4.17 at next boot...)

The biggest problem I have right now is all the button-icons in fvwm
have gone poof. =(

I didn't do anything that portage didn't demand I do... The window
manager is really not usable without those icons, I know some of them by
memory but a 3x3 matrix of blank buttons is not acceptable.

The only two window managers available on gentoo, are twm -- which is
all you need as an emergency de-fsck tool and fvwm which will do 99% of
everything you actually need.

--
Please report bounces from this address to a...@numentics.com

Powers are not rights.