On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 1:55 PM Holger Hoffstätte
<hol...@applied-asynchrony.com> wrote:
> Can we do something about this? I remember that llvm had optional static
> libs, which apparently were removed completely. Is there something
> that can be done with linker tricks (better relocation info?) when
> building llvm/clang to speed up the .so loading?
>
> curious,
> Holger

Has anyone tested with -DLLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB=ON and
-DLLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB=ON?  It seems to be made to solve this kind of
issue.

LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB:

If enabled, the target for building the libLLVM shared library is
added. This library contains all of LLVM’s components in a single
shared library. Defaults to OFF. This cannot be used in conjunction
with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS. Tools will only be linked to the libLLVM
shared library if LLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB is also ON. The components in
the library can be customised by setting LLVM_DYLIB_COMPONENTS to a
list of the desired components.

LLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB:

If enabled, tools will be linked with the libLLVM shared library.
Defaults to OFF. Setting LLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB to ON also sets
LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB to ON.