Hi.

As far as I remember Opera for Linux will integrate with your system
keyring if it's present.

Last time I used it I was asked for system keyring password eventually
when I started to set up some settings or tried to save some password.

Do you have gnome-keyring or something alike installed?

--
Kind regards,
Alexey Eschenko