> On 2018-11-16, at 08:16, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:11 AM Andrew Udvare <audv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> - use key to decrypt root partition (systemd job in the first systemd
>> launched within initramfs)
>> Nov 16 00:01:52 limelight systemd[1]: Dependency failed for /mnt/chuan.
>> Nov 16 00:01:52 limelight systemd[1]: mnt-chuan.mount: Job
>> mnt-chuan.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'.
>
> So, I haven't messed around that much with systemd and removable
> media, but a few things I'd start by looking at:
>
> systemctl show mnt-chuan.mount
> systemctl list-dependencies --reverse --all mnt-chuan.mount

So this output seems to make sense, and running systemctl stop on the mount
gave me similar messages about dependencies. I"m not sure there is a way around
this, as the dependency tree always relies on that mount before
systemd-cryptsetup@root can work. If unmounted it will be flagged as in invalid
state.

I am not sure if there is a way to move the systemd-cryptsetup@home.service up
the dependency tree once it's working, which would then remove the
mnt-chuan.mount dependency.

Tree from the device:

dev-disk-by\x2...device
● └─mnt-chuan.mount