On 2018.12.03 21:59, Dale wrote:
Hi,

I found the manufacturer website.  It says this card supports Hot Plug and Hot Swap.  Have you ever did this?  If so, any problems?  I don't know why but outside of USB, that sort of thing makes me nervous.  I'm old school I guess.  Plugging things into a computer was always done when the puter was off.

I don't have this card, but I have done a hot plug (and unplug) of an internal SATA drive several times, and it has worked for me without any issues. Just remember to unmount anything before unplugging :-)

Jack