Am Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 13:12:29 CET schrieb Mick:
> Hi All,
>
> I just noticed chromium-72.0.3626.96 is bringing in Java packages as
> dependencies, I'd rather keep off my systems.  This is caused by the new USE
> flag closure-compile, which I think is advertised as a good thing.
>
> Would you know if these Java dependencies are used for chromium build-time
> only and therefore I could unmerge them thereafter, or if they are for run-
> time?

The relevant dep is in BDEPEND [0], so yes, you should be able to unmerge them
afterwards:

BDEPEND="
        # snip other deps
        closure-compile? ( virtual/jre )
        virtual/pkgconfig
"

[0] I was going to refer to ebuild(5), but it's currently not documented there
(see bug #674932), however you can find a definition in the PMS at [1].
[1] https://projects.gentoo.org/pms/7/pms.html#x1-680008.1

HTH
--
Marc Joliet