On 2019-04-21, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 6:42 AM Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A laser printer is *much* more economical to run than inkjets.  The toner
>> cartridges never dry out - with inkjet you often replace the ink before it
>> has
>> run out, because it has dried out.  Initially you pay more for a laser, but
>> over the years you will recuperate your investment in lower running costs.
>
> You will pay for it VERY quickly.

I've had my HP LaserJet 1320 for 15 years.  It still works perfectly,
and I've had to buy one (1) toner cartridge for it.  I shudder at the
scores of inkjet printers and thousands of dollars in ink cartridges
my friends have gone through in that time.  It's old enough that it
has both a Centronics-36 parllel port and a USB port (I actually used
the parallel port for many years).  Once or twice a year, I wish I
could print color, but for the most part B/W is all I need.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hello.  I know
                                  at               the divorce rate among