On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 16:01:13 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2019-06-04, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just downloaded my preferred medium of choice for installing Gentoo and
> > discovered sysrescuecd now runs Linux Arch instead of Gentoo and to make
> > things worse it is running systemd instead of openrc.  :-(
>
> That's sad news indeed.

Thank you all for your responses.  I found the thread in the Gentoo forums and
am glad 'sabayonino' picked up the mantle to develop an up to date gentoo
based LiveRecoverySystem (LRS) from sysrescuecd.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1092708-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-100.html

I'm particularly glad because I had recently deleted my own old homegrown
sysrescuecd, in which I had added various firmware files needed for my PCs &
their peripherals.  I was fearing I might have to repeat all this
customisation just to arrive at the same old sysrescuecd, rather than an up to
date version.

Yes, I've also used other CD/DVDs inc. Knoppix to install and repair Gentoo,
but for years now I had settled to sysrescuecd.  Looking forward to using LRS
from now on.  :-)

--
Regards,
Mick