On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Grant Taylor
<gtay...@gentoo.tnetconsulting.net> wrote:

> After the good input that I received in the "Preventing new versions of
> gentoo-sources…" thread, I figured I'd ask this question:
>
> Is there a way to cause ebuild file to limit the version of other
> packages, e.g. net-misc/openvswitch's limiting sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
> to a supported kernel version?
>
> Open vSwitch 2.10 (current non-testing) supports kernel versions 3.10 to
> 4.17.  (http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/)

See some ebuilds like x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers/nvidia-drivers-430.14.ebuild

        if use kernel_linux && kernel_is ge 5 2; then
                ewarn "Gentoo supports kernels which are supported by NVIDIA"
                ewarn "which are limited to the following kernels:"
                ewarn "<sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-5.2"
                ewarn "<sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-5.2"
                ewarn ""
                ewarn "You are free to utilize epatch_user to provide whatever"
                ewarn "support you feel is appropriate, but will not receive"
                ewarn "support as a result of those changes."
                ewarn ""
                ewarn "Do not file a bug report about this."
                ewarn ""
        fi

You could die there :)