On 6/20/19 3:47 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Thursday, 20 June 2019 00:02:35 BST Bill Kenworthy wrote:
On 20/6/19 2:26 am, Jack wrote:

Bill - you might try "rm /usr/lib" WITHOUT the trailing slash, to
remove the symlink.  Then "ln -s lib64 /usr/lib" will recreate it in
the form unsymlink-lib seems to require.
Thanks, nicely picked!

Hair split and now all works as intended.  Just found another system
with the same problem too.
Why is it a problem? The instructions clearly stated that the symlink might
not be revmoved, and that you should remove it yourself in that case.
The --analyze phase bailed out before even starting.  I filed an issue upstream (mgorny's github repository) and he made a change (I didn't look at the actual commit) so this situation should now be handled correctly.  I think he did want to accept anything that ended up pointing to the right place, but was afraid of ending up with an unpredictable result, so now it will accept either the relative or absolute form.  I don't know when he will release a new version.