Thanks Jorge,

On Friday, 21 June 2019 18:43:56 BST Jorge Almeida wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 5:32 PM Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, 21 June 2019 13:57:23 BST Mick wrote:

> > In case what I am asking for is not clear:  How can I make xterm/konsole
> > behave like rxvt-unicode does and redraw the content to fit the changed
> > window width?
>
> CTRL + middle button -> Enable auto wraparound

I seem to have this enabled, as far as the GUI shows, along with reverse
wraparound - not sure what the reverse wraparound does.  However, lines do not
wrap around when I resize the xterm window.  :(

> Maybe you have this option disabled? To enable it by default, edit
> .Xresources and add/edit the line
> *VT100.autoWrap: true

I've added this too, just in case, logout/in and still won't wrap anything.

Well, when I anything, I tried shrinking the window width and when it became
narrower than my bash prompt then the prompt only started wrapping around!
The rest of the content (I had just run the 'ls' command) would not change
from its originally displayed line width.

These are the flags I have installed x11-terms/xterm-337 with:

openpty truetype unicode -Xaw3d -toolbar -xinerama

The same problem applies to other xterm based terminals, on various
installations of mine, but as I mentioned rxvt works as I expect/prefer.  :-/
--
Regards,
Mick