On Tuesday, 25 June 2019 17:09:55 BST »Q« wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 21:19:09 +0100
>
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can someone please explain how the removal of the 'wireless' USE flag
> > from powerdevil ends up with no buttons for Suspend-to-RAM,
> > Hibernation, Reboot or Shutdown under the Leave tab of the KMenu?
> > What does wireless have to do with those functions which should work
> > regardless?
>
> I have the wireless flag on, and I'm sometimes missing those buttons.
> I've never figured out why, but they usually return after I log out of
> KDE and back in -- sometimes it takes a reboot.

I've come across the same symptoms on various installations of mine.  However,
I thought in all cases this was because I was in the middle of an update.
Anyway, after a prolonged revdep-rebuild, which reinstalled dbus plus another
21 packages, it seems all buttons are back and I can shutdown and hibernate.
I have no idea why a revdep-rebuild wanted to rebuild all these packages ...
but clearly something I did (like uninstalling/reinstalling plasma-meta, or
changing package specific USE flags?) meant all these needed to be rebuilt.  I
didn't expect this - thank you Dale for nudging me in the right direction and
thank you all for your suggestions.  :-)

Next time I login I'll also check if the missing Power Management module
mentioned in systemsettings has resolved itself.

> > Also, the sddm DM shutdown/reboot buttons now do not work. O_O
>
> Those have never worked for me.

I just looked at another installation.  The default sddm configuration file (/
usr/share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/00default.conf) shows this:

[General]
# Halt command
HaltCommand=/usr/bin/loginctl poweroff

In an OpenRC system there is no loginctl.  Consequently, unless we define a
separate config in /etc/ to use shutdown (with sudo?) it won't work.  This
systemd-ism may be worth a bug report.

--
Regards,
Mick