Howdy,

I did my usual sync and ran into a slight problem.  Given the minimal
output, I can't quite figure out if there is a way around this.
Sometimes I can emerge a few packages individually and get around this
sort of thing.  On this one tho, I just can't quite figure out how to
get around the problem.  Things I've tried so far.  Made sure nothing in
package.use is ruby related and made sure no packages in the list are in
there either.  I updated @system successfully and tried again, same
error.  I've tried unmasking next up packages with no change.  I
reversed that and tried to mask some packages, same thing or it
complains about the masked packages one.  I've tried to emerge the
packages listed individually, in different order even, with no change.
This is what I get.

root@fireball / # emerge -uvaDN world

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
">=dev-ruby/xmlrpc-0.3.0[ruby_targets_ruby25]".
(dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.5.5::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by
"dev-ruby/rake-12.3.2::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby25]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "media-video/mkvtoolnix-35.0.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
root@fireball / #

Since I have some default options in make.conf, this is the command from
emerge.log.

emerge --jobs=5 --update --backtrack=100 --keep-going --verbose --newuse
--oneshot --quiet-build=n --with-bdeps=y --unordered-display --ask
--deep world

The oddest part, it doesn't seem to even suggest a fix itself, adding
something to package.use, mask, keyword or something.  It just spits out
that tiny bit and ends.  I might add, I also thought I may have caught
the tree in a unstable state, caught some updates being applied part way
through, so I synced again several hours later with the same result.  I
also searched on the forum and BGO.

Anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks much.

Dale