On 08/16/2019 05:25:34 PM, Jack wrote:
try "lsof /cdrom"?  It says the mount point, not the device, might be busy.

This didn't show anything.
I still don't know the cause of my problems.
But fortunately, they have been resolved by recompiling the kernel (5.2.0),
systemd and all packages depending on systemd - using the new gcc-9.2.0

Furthermore I had to add the use flags
cgroup-hybrid -sysv-utils
for systemd. This hasn't been necessary before - very strange.
For me, systemd is a monster which I haven't understood.
I try to not use it since I am using openrc.
Perhaps I have to remove it from my system and use eudev instead of udev as part of systemd.

Thanks for trying to help me - it was a really strange situation.