On 8/17/19 4:48 PM, Dale wrote:
Philip Webb wrote:
190816 Dale wrote:
I upgraded my system last night,
logged out and back in earlier and have noticed something new.
It seems to only allow one instance of Dolphin to run at a time.
I usually have three or four running
for doing different things in different locations.
It just makes it easier for me to multi-task at times.
Current version of Dolphin and USE flags:
kde-apps/dolphin-19.08.0:5::gentoo  USE="handbook -activities -debug
-semantic-desktop -test"
Previous version that worked normally:
kde-apps/dolphin-19.04.3
https://kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-19.08.0

Apparently, it's a new feature.
Can you solve your problem with KDE Activities ?
Otherwise, perhaps tabs will help.

I use CLI for ordinary file management & Krusader for heavy lifting,
so this doesn't affect me.

HTH

That's interesting.  It says this in the link provided.  "Note that this
behavior is now on by default, but it can be disabled."  I've looked and
I can not find where to disable that feature.  It says it can be
disabled but I wonder where that setting is??

Can you narrow down CLI for me?  I did a eix cli and it gives a lot of
hits.  I don't think I've tried that one.  It doesn't ring a bell at
least.

Thanks for the info.  At least I know now if I can't find a way to
disable it, on to a different file manager.  I already switched to
Krusader for root access so it's not like I'm not totally against using
something else.

Dale

:-)  :-)

I always make sure I have Midnight Commander (app-misc/mc) on my machines in case a GUI is not available. If you're copying only a few things the shell is fine, but mc is pretty handy for organizing files.

I'm in the middle of a stable upgrade now, if I find some sort of option for Dolphin I'll let you know.

Dan