On 2019-09-08, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 11:38 AM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> This seems to happen regularly with Imagemagick.  Version 7.0.8.60
>> just went stable today, yet it can't be built because version 7.0.8.60
>> sources can no longer be downloaded.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> Shouldn't there be a requirement that an ebuild actually be
>> _buildable_ from scratch when it goes stable?
>>

> Do you have a working Gentoo distfile mirror in your make.conf?

Doh!  Apparently, both of the mirrors I have configured are broken:

  GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://lug.mtu.edu/gentoo/
http://cosmos.illinois.edu/pub/gentoo/";

The first one is out-of-date and doesn't contain the the last few
versions of ImageMagick. The second is just plain AWOL.

I've updated make.conf with a couple mirrors that I've manually
verified, and now my update is building as expected.  I guess I need
to add verifying mirrors are present and correct to the list of normal
maintainence activities.

--
Grant