On Sun, 2019-09-15 at 05:45 -0400, John Covici wrote:
> Hi.  I want to have Chromium  on linux, but I want to build the
> Chrome
> OS version, so I can have their version of the accessibility plugin
> which is called Chrom next.  I did not see any use flags, so how can
> do this on gentoo?  I am using the unstable version of gentoo.  It is
> my understanding that this can be done on Debian and other
> distributions.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I believe what you're probably looking for is the chrome-binary-plugins
package.  This downloads the binary version of Chrome and pulls all the
Google-proprietary bits out of it and loads them into your Chromium.

Of course, at that point you might as well just use Chrome...  But I
suppose you could try whacking out the ones you don't want and see what
happens.

LMP