On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:49:15 -0500, Jack wrote:

> > WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a
> > dependency conflict:
> >
> > media-gfx/imagemagick:0
> >
> >   (media-gfx/imagemagick-7.0.9.7:0/7.0.9::gentoo, ebuild scheduled
> > for merge) conflicts with
> >     <media-gfx/imagemagick-7:0/6.9.10.77=[cxx] required by
> > (media-gfx/inkscape-1.0_beta2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
> >     ^                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >     <media-gfx/imagemagick-7:=[cxx] required by
> > (media-gfx/inkscape-1.0_beta2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
> >     ^                      ^
> >
> > Cheers!
> Well, that does seem relevant.  Since you accept testing versions, it
> wants to upgrade to 7.0.9.0, but inkskape prevents that, as it requires
> a version less than 7.  As Dale pointed out, you do need to have the
> cxx use flag set for imagemagick, but I suspect you do, or portage
> would complain even more.  What is not clear to me is why it insists on
> reinstalling 6.10.9.77 just because it can't upgrade.  Does anyone
> think it might be a (subtle or not so) bug in portage?

That's the odd part. The warning is just that, it is portage telling you
why it is not upgrading imagemagick to the latest version. I can't see
anything in the output you have posted that explains portage's desire to
continually reinstall the same version of imagemagick.

I think it was suggested earlier, but have you tried setting the
graphicsmagick flag for inkscape?

--
Neil Bothwick

"There's more to life than sex, beer and computers.
Not a lot more admittedly..."