On 2019-12-15 12:13, Mike Gilbert wrote:
On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 2:42 PM Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2019-12-15 09:36, Franz Fellner wrote:
I can't see CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV in your list.

It's not supposed to be: "=n".

I think you are reading that incorrectly. VIDEO_DEV [=n] means the
VIDEO_DEV option is required, but you currently have it disabled.

Ahh, yes I guess I've been reading it wrong all these years! Oooops. It's amazing I managed to configure a kernel at all for the past 17 years. :o)

VIDEO_DEV was nowhere to be found in menuconfig as a selectable option. But the other choice I made forced it to be selected.

Dan