On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 08:00:41PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> To emerge the Python2.7 package (Scribus) I do need to set
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
> in /etc/portage/make.conf
> which makes the whole update fail since the other packages needs
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8"

You do not need to set anything in make.conf to build individual
packages.

For something like app-office/scribus you can put something like this in
`/etc/portage/package.use`:

app-office/scribus python_targets_python2_7

The issue of conflicting single targets solves itself if you don't set
these options globally (in make.conf) and instead set them per-package
as needed.