On 2019-12-17, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone please guide me to rig up my box  so it again mounts plugged
> in USB sticks automatically to "/run/media/.../"?

I do it by manually writing udev rules that watch for specific devices
and mount them at particular paths.  On most systems, it was probably
handled by the "desktop" enviroment — which you don't mention.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Are you mentally here
                                  at               at Pizza Hut??