On Monday, 30 December 2019 19:18:47 GMT Daniel Frey wrote:
> On 2019-12-30 09:04, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > Is anyone feeling less clueless than me? I'm out of ideas now and hoping
> > for some help.
>
> I set up a new NFS server in the last weeks or so and had this weird
> problem where I couldn't most an NFSv4 export on clients.
>
> After a lot of head scratching, I discovered two things:
>
> 1. On the NFS server, only NFS server 4.0 support was needed
> 2. On all NFS clients, including the NFS server which mounted other NFS
> mounts, all NFS client options had to be selected or the mount would
> fail. It didn't matter specifying nfsvers=4.0 as a mount option, it
> failed if there was no NFS client kernel support for 4.1/4.2.
>
> I don't know why, I just figured that it was something to do with the
> new kernels (running 5.4.x.)

Hmm. On my NFS server box, only version 4 was available in the server setup;
no options for 4.x. I tried removing v4 client support, since I don't expect
to use it, and separately I tried adding 4.1 and 4.2 support on the client.
Neither of those helped: the client still insists that the exported
directories don't exist, even though I can see them.

Thanks for the idea though.

--
Regards,
Peter.