On Thursday, 30 January 2020 05:41:34 GMT Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Hi all,
>       Yesterday afternoon, and for the last ??? years, I could be using
> Firefox, within KDE and with a Logitech M560[1] mouse, middle click on a
> link and a new tab would open containing the link.

Yes, middle-click would paste a URL and FF would load it.  This has been the
behaviour of FF for as long as I can think on different desktops, not just
Plasma/KDE.

>       I did an "emerge world", which included some KDE stuff, but not
> Firefox, last night and this morning, this functionality is now gone.
> Has anyone else got this problem or come across it being mentioning in
> their wanderings of the web?
>
>       Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
>
>               Andrew
>

> [1] https://tinyurl.com/u9vxqdy

I can confirm I can't paste with the middle button and navigate to a URL in FF
or Falkon, but I don't know what has caused this.  From what I recall Chromium
never worked, while FF always did.
--
Regards,

Mick