Hi Jack,

I just looked at the comments in my /etc/rc.conf.
`less /etc/rc.conf`

Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> I'm not the OP, but I recently had a similar situation - total
> freeze
> early during the boot process.  What I wanted was a way to get
> that
> rc_interactive="YES" behavior - but by doing something at boot
> time.

rc_interactive means I can press "I" or "i" during boot and
INTERRUPT
the boot process; *otherwise* it will boot as per normal.

Is that not the behaviour you are seeking?
OR is that not the behaviour you get?

Also to note:

rc_parallel="yes" may cause the boot process to lock up.
(I wonder if that has been causing some of these boot freezes.)

rc_interactive="yes" is DISABLED (automatically), if rc_parallel
is set
to "yes".

--
Best of luck