On 19/2/20 10:29 am, William Kenworthy wrote:

On 19/2/20 4:16 am, james wrote:
So,
[snip]

James

[snip]

Easier and more practical would be to install LibreOS. You can build ii
yourself and build/include your own software as needed - I did it many
times with its Cyanogenmod predecessor (I presume you still can).  There
are some other stacks suitable for phones such as sailfish and even
android can be built yourself (and you can defang/customise it while
doing it - google not needed and if you dont install GAPPS it still
works fine)

[snip]

This is the most painless way of doing this. I have been using Gentoo since the early naughties and love the customisation etc but on a phone, not worth the pain. Ride off someone else's coat tails and the one I use is LineageOS [1]. Except for the occasional blob for the wireless bits and pieces which need a bit of ferretting around for, it just runs.

        Andrew

[1] https://lineageos.org/