On 2/29/20 11:13 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:

Keep in mind that rpi are not the only cheap, capable arm hardware out
there.

I am using a number of odroid devices, including an N2 with a gentoo
based kernel and a gentoo aarch64 userland.  Its used for lxc containers
for asterisk, dns, webdav, mail, calendaring and web running on the N2
backed by an Odroid HC2 moosefs cluster (though I am using an intel
powered Odroid H2 for the master).

Its all working rather well now the initial install/config stages are
over.  Part of the gain over the pi's is the use of eMMC storage over
sdcards - almost 5 times faster in my tests.  The 4G of ram has proven
quite adequate so far - even the asterisk latency is better than my
previous QEMU/KVM on intel setup.

I have currently have rpi 1B, 3B and a zero and while the specs for the
rpi4 are better ... its not the best out there.

BillK

I am aware of other devices but the RPi (afaict) is the only one sold within the country and not subject to import duty/fees/taxes and the related shipping delays because of those. :(

Dan