Am 12.03.2020 um 10:37 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
I do edit it every time X won't start. Then X does start. But
after updating and rebooting it has the old wrong line again.
You need to find out which ebuild is modifying it. Run "qlop -m" and look
for the package whose install time most closely matches the modification
time of the file. Then read the ebuild to see what is going on. If an
ebuild is setting this incorrectly, you may need to file a bug report.

Since I did edit the file I cannot find a match. I will have to wait until the problem occurs again.