On 22/3/20 2:29 am, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
Dale,

On Saturday, 2020-03-21 13:01:01 -0500, you wrote:

                                                         Thing is, if I
give it to someone who uses windoze, can they just put in the password
and open it or does it have to be on the original system?
They just have VeraCrypt to be installed and they have to know the cred-
entials, which may be a password and/or a certain file on each system.

                                          Basically, I'd like to transfer
files from one system to another but it be encrypted while in transit.
I use Linux, they use windoze tho.  That make sense?
I do exactly that:  transfering files  from Gentoo to Windows  and back.
And if anybody else would try to read the USB stick they would only find
white noise on it.

Sincerely,
   Rainer

Good point - securestick leaves the "structure" of directories visible on the standard exfat FS but encrypts the files in place. My view is its "good enough" for my purposes and while veracrypt is better - it wont work in my use case.

BillK