On 2020-03-22, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only other Qt GUI app I have installed (AFAICT) is wireshark.  It
> worked fine a few days ago, and now it segfaults too.
>
> ... I installed qterminal as a quick test, and it segfaults also.

I checked another system that was also upgraded and VLC works fine
there.  Back on the first system I tried emerge --dep-clean, and it
complained about the old 5.13 qt package versions being missing.  So I
did

emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world

And all of the 5.14 qt package got emerged again.  Now Qt apps work.

I don't know why they "emerge -auvND world" command that originally
did the upgrade didn't work right.

--
Grant