Howdy

I've had great mileage with

https://motion-project.github.io/
=media-video/motion-4.1.1-r1:0
it supports a rake of cameras, so you should be good to go almost straight away; multiple network cameras, usb cameras etc

it will do timelapse footage, and motion detection recording, and can be very tuned in every way

browse video through web page or via Tinycam android app which supports Linux motion as a feed

I've three cameras, recording a 24hr timelapse all in 1027x768 and motion recording, and get about 6 days to 300GB

good luck!