On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 8:23 AM J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 10:57:59 PM CET andrey....@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Please provide the info as attachments instead of temporary links.
>
> Few thoughts:
>
> 1) Are you certain your initramfs includes everything? My "config" file is a
> lot longer.
Yes, and it is the absolute bare minimum necessary.

> 2) How are you generating the initramfs?
/usr/src/linux/usr/gen_init_cpio /usr/src/initramfs/files.list | xz -z
> /boot/intramfs-....img
>
> 3) how are you adding it to the bootloader?
Grub's default form. To elaborate, the usual method grub does when
generating a linux entry in grub-mkconfig.

> 4) Have you tried embedding the initramfs into the kernel?
Yes, and that made it work. Weird how it didn't work not embedded into
the kernel.
On further thought, it worked after a couple of debugging iterations.
Could it have been the bugs in the script at fault?

> Also, can you provide the kernel messages leading to and including the panic?
> (Either full text or a clear photo taken with a camera/phone/tablet)
Well, the two panics were either trying to kill init or the familiar
"VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)". Kernel
framebuffer load reset grub's high res console and the panic took over
the screen so messages right before would've been impossible to
extract without something like a serial console.