Hi Mark,

thank you for answering my question! :)

(only to check whether I have understood correctlu)
Stuff I build outside of emerge/portage should not be in the
world-file...correct?

I will transfer the kernel related stuff from my current system to
the new root (currenly chrooted).

Ah! By the way: Recompiling all the stuff works while being chrooted,
right?
The command to use is:
 emerge --update --newuse --deep --quiet @world

after syncing.