On 4/5/20 11:21 PM, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
Hi,

Currentlu my newly created system is installed on a harrdisk, which
sit in a docking station connect via USB to my PC.

The system is intended to be complete in the sense, that can
boot bu itsself without accessing any other storage device.

What is the most common behaviour here:
If I change to boot sequence in the BIOS to boot the
harddisk from the docking station...will it become /dev/sda ?

Fstab depends on this...

It's not supposed to, but in my direct experience, it can rearrange the naming of the boot devices.

I had to use PARTUUID in fstab/grub.cfg to get around this problem.

Dan