On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 8:03 AM <tu...@posteo.de> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Hi Mark,
>
> thanks for the links!
>
> for the first I want to avoid propietary / closed software if
> possible.
>
> The problem, which I tried to mention in my initial post was, that
> alsamixer displays a control for pcm volume only. I also reffered
> to the suggestion to run alsamixer -D equal, which fails on my
> side - which was the reason for my initial posting.
>
> I need a equaliser, which -- as said -- processes the audio data
> and implements the equaliser functionality by itsself.
>
> Cheers!
> Meino

Meino,
   Sorry. It's Saturday morning and I'm probably not reading as deeply as I
should.

   If the Ubuntu alsa equalizer doesn't work for you then Jack is probably
your best (only?) solution. That said I never do system wide equalization
and Jack audio generally isn't easy for beginners so be prepared to do some
heavy lifting to get your system running the way you want.

   I wish you the best of luck!

Cheers,
Mark