On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 09:18:04AM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> I wasn't aware that you could put sub-directories in
> /etc/portage/package.use.  I've always had to put the files directly in that
> directory, not sub-directories.  As such, my files have names like
> sys-apps-util-linux to avoid naming collisions.  Perhaps things have changed
> since I last tried to use a sub-directory or I am misremembering.

I'm not sure  if  this  is  a  new  feature,  but  to  my  knowledge,  package.*
directories are able to emulate the structure you have in  /var/db/repos/gentoo,
i.e.  <category>/<package>.

> I think it should be relatively easy to script reading the line, extracting
> the package name, munging the name, and writing the entire unmodified line
> to a new file based on the munged name.  If directories work, create and
> populate them without munging names.

Yeah, I think I will have to dust off my old shell-scripting manual.  Somehow  I
always find a way of avoiding scripting, as I have a  strong  disliking  towards
it.  I was just curious if there was a pre-existing tool included with  Portage.

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk

2A9A 4117