On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 07:58:03PM +0300, Consus wrote:
> In all honesty, is Gentoo dead? Gentoo-Dev is filled with passive
> aggression (though being developers-only mailing list), Github bot warns
> you that contributing new packages to the main repo is low priority and
> probably no one will help you, and even distribution kernel is not an
> official thing, but a desperate attempt of someone to fix things.

Considering there have been almost 6000 commits to the repository in the last 21
days, I would question that claim.

https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-commits/threads/2020-04/

gentoo-dev isn't really filled with  any  sort  aggression.   There  is  healthy
debate, especially considering the recent switch to Python 3.7  and  masking  of
most 3.6-only packages, but that rigorous scrutiny is a requirement for  such  a
strong distro.

There  have,  of  course,  been  exceptions,  such  as  when  bman  went  on  an
"unsanctioned Python crusade"  (removal  of  all  Python  2  packages;  not  the
greatest of ideas), however in general, the Gentoo community is one of the  most
alive and healthy I've seen in any Linux distribution.

https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/6e8d816eb0125d6581be70f575272653

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk