Martin,

On Tuesday, 2020-04-21 18:02:37 -0000, you wrote:

> DEFAULT_ARCH is normally not used, because it should be set in
> the profile. Does
>   eix --print ARCH
> also show amd64?

BINGO!  No, it doesn't:

   $ eix --print ARCH
   x86_64
   $

And that rings a bell: for historical reasons my "~/.profile" initializ-
ation script contains the line

   export ARCH=$(arch || uname -m) 2> /dev/null

which helped me  getting my  personal environment right  on every of the
computing center's zillions of hosts I had to login in my previous life.

Thankyou so much for hunting this down for me :-)

But unsetting ARCH  or setting it to amd64  doesn't change things, prob-
ably because  the wrong value meanwhile  is part of the database used by
"eix".  Will it suffice to run "eix-update" with "ARCH" being unset?

> >    app-crypt/tpm2-tss       2.2.3-r2        1 1
> >    app-crypt/tpm2-tss       2.3.3   1 1
>
> This is strange: Both versions are only ~amd64, and in your previous
> posting the output for {isstable} was indeed 0.

No.  It was only 0 in the output of the "installedversions" call, where-
as the lines quoted above  originated from the "availableversions" call.
And the problem is  that "{isstable}"  and "{isunstable}"  must not be 1
at the same time, even if ARCH is erroneously set to "x86_64".

So this might finally be a bug in "eix" ...

Sincerely,
  Rainer