On 01/05/2020 22:50, Raphael MD wrote:
Could I turn my Linux swap off.
I have 32 GB of RAM memory, I suppose my system don’t need swap, because I’vea lot of RAM, is this true?

I've been on 16GB RAM for about 10 years. I've been using a 4GB swap partition for about 8 years. Two years ago, I disabled swap. This fixed a long standing problem where running applications that I didn't touch for a while would take *ages* to start operating at normal speeds again. Setting the vm.swappiness=10 sysctl didn't help either. Only vm.swappiness=0 got rid of those issues (which basically means disable swap.)

I don't know how common this problem is in general, but for me it happened a lot because I use virtual machines to do work on Windows 10, Ubuntu and macOS running in Gentoo. This always resulted in applications that I didn't touch for a while getting swapped out even though there was plenty of RAM free. Since I disabled swap, everything stays nice and snappy all the time instead of becoming a sluggish nightmare after a while.