On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Richard Fish wrote:

> One thing: you must be very careful of the power supply and requirements of
> the HD.  I have several models of external chassis that provide 12V 1.7A of
> power, and this is insufficient for modern (and _large_) disks, and will
> result in disk read and write errors.
> So I highly recommend a chassis that uses a power supply that provides
> separate 12V and 5V inputs.  Judging from the pictures of the CHD3U I found,
> it seems to support this, so it should be a good choice.

You mean 12V and 5A, right?

I've been to the shop and the case doesn't supply any info about
delivered power. It does say it supports hds up to 400GB, though. (I'm
planning to buy a 250GB Samsung, which seems to have a good
capacity/price ratio.) The Conceptronic site is not more helpful. I
suppose it will be buy and try.
Cheers,

Jorge