On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 03:14:03PM +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote
> >> On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 01:53:19PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> >
> >  Thank you very much.  I've got the update (156 packages) running now.
> >I had set "-libglvnd" in make.conf on my main machine, but only against
> >xorg-server on my secondary machine.  Setting "-libglvnd" in make.conf
> >solves the problem.
>
> Only for now.
> "Libglvnd" is scheduled to be removed as a USE flag.  I would
> definitely suggest to switch to having that one on before it becomes
> mandatory.
>
> It has a lot of benefits over the eselect hack to be able to have
> multiple opengl implementations running.

  The reason I had originally turned it off was because when it first
showed up as a flag, I checked Google to find out what it was.  Almost
every hit on webforums was like...

Person 1 - Help; my "update world" dies
Person 2 - Turn off "libglvnd" in make.conf
Person 1 - Thank you; my update works fine now

  Add me to the list.  If this is to be a new default config setup, I'd
appreciate a news item about it, like the python 3.6 to 3.7 switchover.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>