Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Ashley Dixon <a...@suugaku.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried Xfburn (`app-cdr/xfburn`) ?   Unfortunately  it  is  a
>> graphical
>> application (GTK+) with a somewhat-ugly user interface, but does claim  to
>> burn
>> Blu-Rays.  I can only vouch for its stability with  standard  D.V.D.s,
>> although
>> it's worth a try.
>>
> I don't believe this was the question.
>
> cdrecord of course writes BluRays since 2007, but the question was for
> software
> that prepares the data to create a compliant filesystem content.
>
> BTW: for a compliant medium, you of course also need an UDF filesystem that
> is
> not supported by the software you mention but that is supported by mkisofs
> that
> is (like cdrecord) part of the cdrtools project.
>
> Jörg

I think you are correct.  To create a DVD with videos to watch on a TV
DVD player, I use Devede to create the image and then k3b to burn the
image.  It seems I need some sort of tool, like devede does for DVDs, to
create a image or whatever to burn to a blu-ray media.  Since Devede
doesn't do that, what is it that I use to do what Devede does for a
DVD?  I'd suspect that I can't just copy a video to a blu-ray disk and
it play on a Blu-ray player like hooks to a TV.  Still, other helpful
hints are welcome.  I'm sure I'm about to learn quite a bit about this.
The more I read, the more I get that this is different from a DVD, in a
lot of ways.  :/

I hope this is doable.  I got some nice HD videos I'd like to share.  I
have some nice HD videos about gardening off youtube and one that I
downloaded, it is available for free.

Dale

:-)  :-)