On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 05:56:04PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> Seeing the output of emerge --info for that package may shed some light
> on the problem but allowing etc-update to change the config isn't going
> to help.  It's in one of its circular problems that comes from something
> else.
>
> Maybe we will get more info shortly.

Are you able to replicate this problem, attempting to install all the  mentioned
packages with the --pretend option  and  USE="-python_targets_python2_7" ?  I've
been trying various things for about  half-an-hour  and  still  can't  see  this
behaviour on my own machine.

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk