Andrew Udvare wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 15:02, Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
>>
>> Jack
> I would keep GCC 9 for now. I've run into a few issues with GCC 10
> compiling various packages so I have kept GCC 9 on my system. There's
> not some serious detriment to not using GCC 10 for 99% of people. Most
> distros still use an older version.
>
> Also, have you considered trying Dracut for initramfs generation? I
> don't know how well it works with genkernel as I don't use that (I
> manually configure my kernels).

When you install your kernel, do you use make install or do you copy the
kernel to /boot manually?  I do mine manually but also copy it manually
as well.  That makes it hard for me to recall how to use the dracut
command.  It requires a kernel version etc etc.

If you do copy yours manually to /boot, what command do you use for
dracut?  Maybe I'm doing it a hard way or something and you have a
easier method.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)