On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:43:33 AM CEST tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if even displaying the console login failed, then the hole display
> system has gone nuts...but since the boot process as such (that is:
> the bios prompt right after POSTing) is visible, I would say, that
> there is no physical problem (that is: cable connected to port 2 of
> the monitor while the monitor is switched to port 1 and such).
>
> I would try this:
> Boot your PC, ssh into the PC and download the according
> nvidia-drivers directly from NVIDIA of the same version.
>
> quickpkg the installed drivers and remove them
>
> Check whether /usr/src/linux links to the kernel
> sources of the kernel version you are booting.
>
> Install the NVIDIA-drivers you have downloaded.
>
> Reboot.
>
> Background:
> The portage package does not install nvidia-drivers correctly -
> in my case, X and such works fine but RTX/Optix which is used
> by Blender was defunc. After installing the original package
> and masked the one which came with portage everything works
> fine.
>
> Cheers!
> Meino
>
> On 06/08 06:20, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:

For plain console (TTY1,...) you need to enable EFI_FB in the kernel.

I use Nvidia and also have this enabled in the kernel, so it can work
together.
I also use the nvidia-drivers package provided in Portage. Not everything is
added, but most is. The RTX/Optix libraries are added when using a "multilib"
profile, judging from the ebuild.

As you came from an older, non-GPT setup, I am assuming this is also the first
attempt to boot using EFI?

--
Joost