On Tuesday, 16 June 2020 09:43:15 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:

> > > Do other AppImages work on your computer?
> >
> > This is the first one I've tried. Do you recommend any others in
> > particular?
>
> You could try this one: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
>
> I just wondered if your problem was with the BitWarden AppImages or
> AppImages in general.

It turns out that BitWarden requires execution of a program in /tmp. They said
to make sure /tmp wasn't mounted noexec!

So I created a ~/.cache/bwtmp directory and passed TMPDIR= to bitwarden, but
then it threw another error. I'd better take this up with BitWarden.

Wynn Wolf Arbor suggested this explanation, but I can't find his message now.
(Is KMail playing up again?)

--
Regards,
Peter.